Monday, September 12, 2011

It's time...

It’s well and truly time to get back into the water. 

To re-motivate myself, I refreshed myself on my journey so far by reading each of my blog posts.  After having done this a few things struck me:
     1.       I have had less 5 hours of instruction
2.       I have only had about 5 hours of practise
3.       I had unrealistic expectations
I should probably also add a fourth:  too much thinking, not enough doing – how unlike me!

In some of my recent posts I talked about a swim method I had come across and wanted to try called Total Immersion. Unfortunately for me though, instruction in the Total Immersion method is no longer available near me, so I am going to have to settle for some self instruction.  (As an aside I haven’t ruled out paying for private lessons but want to try building some core skills first).

I got onto good old eBay last night and bought two of the Total Immersion DVDs.
The first one is called Happy Laps. It contains 8 beginner lessons and drills focusing on being comfortable, balanced and weightless in the water.

The second one is called O2 in H2O. It is a self help course on swimming and efficient breathing.  Sounds interesting.

More info on the DVDs and the plan from here on when they arrive.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear more when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete